As I just completed a series of entrepreneurial workshops, I thought it would be fun to share Top 10 “Lessons Learned” list!
- Have Passion: When you’re working 60 hours a week, you better love what you do. If you don’t love it, you won’t be in business very long.
- Know your Customers: Who are they? What do they want? And how can you get it to them?
- Know your Pricing: You’re networking and someone asks about price. You better know it cold!
- Be Willing to Change: Changes are constantly occurring. Sometimes business need to adjust their product or service offerings. Don’t be afraid to change when necessary.
- Manage your Money: Be careful who you trust. Spend wisely. Watch the books.
- Use Effective Branding: Effective branding helps you stand apart from the crowd. Create a brainworm!
- Ask for Help: Need some advice? Financing? Better terms? Ask for help. You might find that folks are ready and willing to do what they can.
- Know what Advertising Works: Track how each piece of advertising performs. If it doesn’t work, kick it out.
- Know Your Competition: You need to know your competition so you know what you can offer that they don’t. You also need to watch for any changes to their product or service offerings.
- Get Out of your Own Way!: Don’t let your perceived limitations define you. You’re the only one holding you back, so get out of the way!
Do you agree, entrepreneurs? Do you have any to add?
See you out there…
If you’re a writer, write. And if you’re a reader, keep reading. We need you!
Richard Todd is a novelist, entrepreneur, screenplay writer, and motivational speaker. Plus a few other things that get lost in the clutter. Visit him online at www.richard-todd.com.